Thursday, November 6, 2008

Last weekend alone together and a new addition










So I decided to post some pictures of one of our last weekends alone together. The weekend of September 20th, Matt and I left the girls for two days (gasp!) with a friend and headed to the other side of the island for a romantic getaway. We rented a cabin on the beach at a place called Bellow's Beach Park. Since we are active duty military we got a discount (and preference over other regular ole' Joe's). While we were waiting to check in we went to a spot of the beach that said off limits. Being rebellious like we are, we took pictures by it, and even stuck our toes on the other side. Matt wants me to put the "off limits" picture above the door while he is in Iraq. I told him I am not sure what our home teachers will think of it, but I'll ask them how it looks with the rest of our house.



We spent two days cooking out, eating hamburgers and hotdogs, lounging on the beach, and watching movies. One of the movies we rented (almost against his will) was Baby Mama. Coincidentally, that night I started feeling sick to my stomach and completely exhausted. I took a pregnancy test without Matt knowing and surprised him with what I called "an early Christmas present." What a way to end our "adults only" weekend. I think he was expecting a new watch, or something expensive and exciting. Sorry Matty, maybe next time. :) Really, he was thrilled and is hoping to get his little boy this time around. We may end up with three little princesses, or a little football player to add to the Dolezal kids.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

such a beautiful story. Your weekend could not have ended better!! Hey...the "word verification" that I am supposed to type in to leave this comment is... "as i nap". Funny!

Manda said...

Fun post! I am so excited for you and your news! Are Skylar and Maya excited to hear about a new little brother and sister? That is just awesome. It made my day to hear it!! I am so happy that you have a blog. Yay!!!