Thursday, January 15, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Well, we made it. We are finally home from our 3 1/2 week vacation visiting my sister, Leslie, in Sugar Land, Texas. We survived another 2 1/2 hour plane ride, and then a 6 hour and 45 min one directly after, and we are all still alive and in one piece (miraculously). It was the busiest, craziest, funnest, and most adventure filled 3 1/2 weeks I've had in quite some time. Leslie has a great husband and six little munchkins, so adding myself and my two girls to it all was beautifully chaotic and a lot of fun. A house of 11 people gets a little wild at times, but I definitely wouldn't trade it. Just the simple fact that I didn't have to be alone over the holidays made it easier to glide right through them.

In other news, we are still looking for a name for our little one. We had four perfect boy names picked out (of course), and now we are struggling to find the perfect fit for HER name. We are definitely open to suggestions. Anyone, oh anyone? I suppose we still have a few months left to stew over it.

I am now 22 weeks pregnant and my belly seems to be growing every day. This means sleep has started to become a bit impossible. With all the kicking and prodding to my belly every single time I lie down, the fact that I can no longer sleep on my stomach, and peeing about four times in a single night--it's a wonder I get any sleep at all. But, I absolutely love it--being pregnant that is. With my history of preterm labor I started my progesterone shots a few weeks ago in Texas (which are supposed to keep me from dilating too soon). I get one every week until 36 weeks--talk about a pain in my butt. Literally. Lucky for me Leslie's husband, Thomas, had become an expert on giving these particular shots during Leslie's previous pregnancies. He was able to give them to me (while Leslie posed as the nurse's assistant of course), but not without first pointing out that in some countries he would be shot for having seen his sister's naked behind. What can I say? We're a close family!

At my ultrasound yesterday, they confirmed that yes...indeed...we are still having a girl and she weighs a whopping 1 pound. She looked so perfect up on the screen, moving around and sucking on her fingers and kicking up a storm. It's weird going to all these appointments without Matt, but he may be home by April if everything falls into place. Perhaps even sooner if we can twist enough arms. I'm not really betting on anything right now, but I'm just glad he's safe and that there's a possibility he will make it home before our little girl arrives into this world.

3 comments:

Manda said...

It is good to be home, isn't it? Sounds like you guys had a blast. I love the picture here. It reminds me of how fun and silly Mia and Skylar are. Hope we get to see them sometime!

Anonymous said...

I am excited for your new little one!! I might have some girl names to send on.... I will dig out the baby name books and find some cutie ideas for ya!!! We always had girl names but no boy names- guess that's why we have girls!!!

Leslie said...

So glad that you made it home alive. You are lucky that you survived Camp COlbert over the holidays! We felt so lucky to have you with us. The three and 1/2 weeks were too short!! I miss you and the girls SO much. I know that you will come up with a perfect girl name. I say that once you decide what to name her you keep it a secret until she arrives! Love you!!