Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out of the frying pan...into the cold

Our vacation has officially begun! We arrived in Idaho a few days before Christmas and will be here until the end of January, when our adventure will take us to Nashville and onto Ft. Campbell. Rexburg welcomed us graciously with it's snowy weather, brisk wind, and below zero temperatures. When there was finally enough snow I asked the girls if they wanted to go sledding. Maya had a confused look on her face so innocently replied, "What's sledding?". My little island babies are getting a brand new look at the world. Papa gave the girls their first taste of sledding by tying a rope from the tractor to a sled and pulling them behind.



Skylar was brave enough to go over the icy bridge down the big hill on her stomach

Maya thought it would be better if daddy came down the scary hill with her.

Hold on tight!!!

The weather here is a tad bit different from Hawaii

I decided to join in the fun and wore my dad's coveralls that were 3 sizes too big (but were exceptionally warm).
Our little snow bunny all bundled up






5 comments:

The Huffs said...

Sarah, I dont know if you saw my comment on the last post. This is Missy. You are in Idaho? So close yet so far away! I hope you are doing well.

Krystal said...

Wow--what a change of climate for you guys!!! How funny that they didn't know what sledding was! I love the pics. I bet its great having some time with family for a bit before you move again. Enjoy!

Sarah K said...

MISSY! I don't know how to get ahold of you. I don't have your email, or at least I don't think so. Let me know how I can contact you. It's been forever!

The Huffs said...

Sarah, Do you still have your yahoo account? I have that email.

Sarah K said...

no, it's sarahkdolezal@gmail.com I got rid of the yahoo one